Monday 9 August 2021

Writing

 This story is written by a elephant 


Oona in the jungle


I was walking along the soft sand on the beach with the waves washing against my feet. The waves were nice and warm. 


I was starting to wonder why the water was slowly sucking out. I then got a feeling in the pits of my stomach. A feeling of disaster. I started to run away from the sea. My heart was thumping as I ran. 


I ran until I reached a creek. I did not care if there were crocodiles. I ran into the creek and took a long drink.

Will ran up and jumped into the creek.

Will gave me some of my favorite leaves to eat.

He gestured for me to stay where I was until he got back. I was exhausted from all the running so I layed down for a nap. I woke up with Will screeching into my ear.


I got up and looked around. I saw Will eating some berries. He motioned for me to get up and follow him.

I was wondering where he would take me. Will jumped up onto my trunk and signalled for me to walk forwards.


I kept on walking until I heard a rustling ahead in the bushes. A tiger walked out of the bushes and started circling me. I could feel Will climbing higher and higher up my trunk. The tiger eventually walked away but came back a few hours later. The tiger walked a few meters ahead of me and every time I stopped the tiger layed down at a tree. 


Eventually we got to a hole of water. The tiger walked away and layed down on a rock. Will started jumping in and diving around while I was frolicking around in the deeper part. The tiger was cleaning himself on the rock while watching us.


We kept on walking and the tiger kept on appearing and disappearing. Eventually we got to a clearing and the tiger left. I felt relieved that the tiger was finally gone. I'm pretty sure Will felt the same. 


Every night Will climbed a tree just in case the tiger came back. I slept under the tree that Will was sleeping in. 


When we were hungry I reached up with my trunk and pulled off some figs. Will was too small to reach the figs so he climbed up the trees to get some.


The figs had been left alone for quite a while so they were all juicy and ripe. The figs reminded me of eating watermelons. Every time I was thirsty I would walk down to the river and take a long drink. 


Will and I were walking through the dense bush when we reached a small clearing. I looked up and saw some orangutans watching us. The orangutans were frozen with half eaten figs in their hand not chewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.